Focus on Harvest markets
- Trends : The Asia Pacific region is the zone recording the highest growth rate. The needs result from growing urbanisation driven by industrialisation and the resulting shortfall in labour. Government aids help to overcome obstacles relating to high initial investments.
The worldwide harvesting machinery market
Source : Mordor Intelligence (2018)
- Trends :Demand is mainly fuelled by need for precision farming machinery. Combine harvesters account for 65% of the value of this agricultural equipment category (+8%/year) in Europe.
the worldwide harvesting machinery market
Source: European Agricultural Machinery Industry (2019)
- France is the 4th largest european manufacturer of harvesting machinery.
- Registrations of combine harvesters increased to 1,756 units in 2019 and 1,542 in 2020
- Registration of self-propelled forage harvesters increased to 331 units in and 314
- Registrations of harvesting equipment have reached 2 908 units in 2019 and 2 945 in 2020.
Source : Agricultural equipment, an innovative and dynamic sector - Axema, fv. 2021
FOCUS ON STORAGE AND BUILDING MARKETS
The need to optimise space to increase land profitability has led to the construction of the first multi-level storage buildings.
Source: The Business Research Company (2020)
Focus on Hay-Making markets
The worldwide growth rate is supported by government farming aid policies, in particular in North America where forage cropping is subsidised.
Source: Mordor Intelligence (2018) and Transparency Market Research
France is the 2nd largest european producer of hay-making machinery
Registrations of self-loading trailers amounted to 279 units.
Source : Axema, fv. (2021)
SIMA in few figures
230,000 Visitors from 140 countries
93% Visitor satisfaction rate
92% Intend to visit again
70% Purchasing intentions including 82% of farmers
17% Of visitors say they are interested in harvest and post-harvest sector.
Source: ADquation survey, SIMA 2019
Exhibitor figures : harvest & post-harvest
Worldwide handling market:
- Trends : Growing needs in Asia-Pacific and the automation and application of new technology (AI, RFID, IoT) are the two levers for future growth.
Source : Mordor Intelligence (2019)
France is the 2nd largest european producer of handling machinery.
The french telescopic handler market amounts to 5 391 units in 2019 and 4 551 in 2020.
*CAGR: Compound annual growth rate
Source: Axema, fv. (2021)