The next SIMA event will take place from Sunday 24 to Thursday 28 November 2024 at the Parc des Expositions, Paris Nord Villepinte.
A NEW APPROACH, MADE CLEARER THAN EVER BEFORE
A trade fair for all types of agriculture, fostering diversity and placing the individual at the centre of all its initiatives, it aims to maintain the balance between productivity and sustainability, advocating a principle of enhanced quality. Therefore, SIMA clearly states its aims and its mission: “To showcase the solutions and technologies dedicated to the development of sustainable and successful agriculture, at the centre of Europe’s agricultural powerhouse.”
A CENTENARY EVENT FOR SIMA PACKED WITH INNOVATIONS AND HIGHLIGHTS
At the trade fair's centenary event, this new approach also reflected in a programme packed with conferences, workshops and meetings covering the major issues which farmers face today and will have to respond to tomorrow. Therefore, the aim of SIMA is to be:
- The forum for innovation, in particular through “SIMA TECH”: a dedicated space, including an exhibition area bringing together all the trade fair's New Technologies exhibits, a central space presenting a programme of conferences and workshops, a Start-up village and an agricultural robotics village by FIRA.
- The forum for employment and training thanks to the “SIMA TALENT” space. Positioned at the heart of the trade fair, this space present the training offered by the industry. A number of events are proposed for young people: an itinerary, Job Dating space, equipment simulators etc.
- The partner of a leading trade fair:Tech & Bio. With a view to highlighting its partnership with the Tech & Bio trade fair, SIMA event dedicate a specific area to present: exhibitors offering products or services connected with organic agriculture, a space dedicated to technical and economic conferences, together with a space entitled “Dare to Go Organic”. Agricultural consultants from the Chambers of Agriculture also attend the trade fair.
- An event revealing the underlying trends in the sector, thanks to the SIMA Innovation Awards The SIMA Innovation Awards, an international competition, have been recognising the most innovative equipment, products, techniques and services presented by exhibitors at the trade fair since 1931. In line with the new approach, the SIMA Innovation Awards unveiled some new features: a Preview on 22 September 2022 to announce the nominees, a ceremony announcing the winners , a new judging panel, etc.
- A springboard for innovative European agriculture, with the SIMA Farming Awards. These trophies, in partnership with Nuffield, recognise the most innovative agricultural practices. They rewarded European farmers adopting a sustainable approach to transition, who can demonstrate the societal, economic and environmental impact of their innovations. The winners were revealed at the official SIMA Innovation Awards prize-giving ceremony, on the first day of the trade fair.
On the occasion of SIMA's centenary, visitors, exhibitors and partners talk about their experience at SIMA and the evolution of the agricultural market.