The next SIMA event will take place from Sunday 6 to Thursday 10 November 2022 at the Parc des Expositions, Paris Nord Villepinte. Usually held in February in each odd year, the trade fair now takes place in November in each even year, in line with the preferences expressed by both exhibitors and international visitors. This means that it will fit more easily into the business decision-making cycle.
SIMA 2022: A NEW APPROACH, MADE CLEARER THAN EVER BEFORE
In economic and environmental circumstances that are both unprecedented and complex, for this 2022 event the trade fair will set out its new aims and its revised approach. Based on values of sharing, trust and responsibility, this innovative, individual approach aims to bring people together more than ever before.
A trade fair for all types of agriculture, fostering diversity and placing the individual at the centre of all its initiatives, it aims to maintain the balance between productivity and sustainability, advocating a principle of enhanced quality. Therefore, SIMA clearly states its aims and its mission: “To showcase the solutions and technologies dedicated to the development of sustainable and successful agriculture, at the centre of Europe’s agricultural powerhouse.”
A CENTENARY EVENT FOR SIMA PACKED WITH INNOVATIONS AND HIGHLIGHTS
At the trade fair's centenary event, this new approach will also be reflectedin a programme packed with conferences, workshops and meetings covering the major issues which farmers face today and will have to respond to tomorrow. Therefore, the aim of SIMA 2022 is to be:
- The forum for innovation, in particular through “SIMA TECH”: a dedicated space, including an exhibition area bringing together all the trade fair's New Technologies exhibits, a central space presenting a programme of conferences and workshops, a Start-up village and an agricultural robotics village by FIRA.
- The forum for employment and training thanks to the “SIMA TALENT” space. Positioned at the heart of the trade fair, this space will present the training offered by the industry. A number of events will be on offer aimed at young people: an itinerary, Job Dating space, equipment simulators etc.
- The partner of a leading trade fair:Tech & Bio. With a view to highlighting its partnership with the Tech & Bio trade fair, this 2022 SIMA event will have a dedicated area set up to present: exhibitors offering products or services connected with organic agriculture, a space dedicated to technical and economic conferences, together with a space entitled “Dare to Go Organic”. Agricultural consultants from the Chambers of Agriculture will also be attending the trade fair..
- An event revealing the underlying trends in the sector, thanks to the SIMA Innovation Awards The SIMA Innovation Awards, an international competition, have been recognising the most innovative equipment, products, techniques and services presented by exhibitors at the trade fair since 1931. In line with the new approach, the SIMA Innovation Awards 2022 will also include some new features: a Preview on 22 September 2022 to announce the nominees, a ceremony announcing the winners , a new judging panel, etc.
- A springboard for innovative European agriculture, with the SIMA Farming Awards.. These new trophies, in partnership with Nuffield, will recognise the most innovative agricultural practices. They will reward European farmers adopting a sustainable approach to transition, who can demonstrate the societal, economic and environmental impact of their innovations. The winners will be revealed at the official SIMA Innovation Awards prize-giving ceremony, on the first day of the trade fair.
On the occasion of SIMA's centenary, visitors, exhibitors and partners talk about their experience at SIMA and the evolution of the agricultural market.