The French government is deploying an economic stimulus plan to support the event management industry. This grant-based plan will help to pay for the participation of certain exhibitors. Discover how the scheme works below.
What events are eligible?
Events that welcomed at least 500 exhibitors at their last edition before the Covid crisis - equating to 74 exhibitions and fairs in France.
What companies qualify?
- New exhibitors: companies that did not take part in the last show.
- SMEs of fewer than 250 employees and whose annual turnover does not exceed €50 million or whose balance sheet does not exceed €43 million.
NB: For foreign exhibitors, the aid will only be available if they have an establishment or branch in France. The company must have a French company registration number, known as SIRET.
- The companies must have signed a contract directly with the organiser and have paid for their participation in full.
How much are the subsidies?
- The subsidy cannot exceed 50% of the stand rental costs
- The subsidy is capped at €12,500 per recipient.
- Each event has a maximum envelope of €1.29 million.
What is the timescale?
- The decree was published on 16 March 2022.
- The new exhibitor aid programme will cover events held between 1 March 2022 and 30 June 2023.
How do I apply?
- Sign into the platform and provide the documents stated below.
What documentation do I need for my application?
- The settled invoice, in euros excluding VAT, corresponding to the contract between the organiser and the beneficiary, including a line clearly identifying the total eligible expenses.
- A sworn statement (“déclaration sur l’honneur”) confirming that the company fulfils the conditions and certifying the sincerity and accuracy of the information provided.
- An affidavit from a chartered accountant or a trusted third party (mentioning the size, turnover and the compliance with the definition of an SME).
- An affidavit confirming that the beneficiary did not take part in the previous edition of the exhibition or fair.
This is issued by the certifying body that certified the statistical data of the previous session of the fair or exhibition concerned.
- A situation statement (“avis de situation”) on the company issued less than 3 months prior to the application, justifying the legal existence of the company, its SIRET number and the address of its registered office or of the company’s branch in France (available on the website of Insee).
- A copy of proof of identity of the legal representative of the company applying for the grant.
- The company’s bank account details (“relevé d’identité bancaire”, or RIB).
The grant application portal will shut down on 1 January; therefore, any exhibitors wishing to benefit from the aid must have registered before 31 December 2022, and will have up to 2 months following the show to finalise their application.
Note: the date considered is the date at which the exhibitor requesting the subsidy creates their application on the platform.
Further information can be found in the notice published by UNIMEV (in French).
Any questions? Feel free to consult the FAQ published by UNIMEV (in French).
Have a great show!
The Comexposium team.
 For exhibitions held twice a year, only one edition is covered by the grant.
 The cost base eligible for this subsidy comprises rental costs (stand space only), registration fees and corners.
 Any proportion of the grant envelope that is unutilised in 2022 may be used in the 2023 edition on the sole condition that the 2023 show takes place before 30 June of the same year.